- Consistent results – If you had a great experience, why would you want to “spin the wheel” in the hopes that another company will be just as good? We hear horror stories from some of our clients who have done just that and lived to rue the day.
- Relationships – We get into a flow with the clients we work with all of the time. They know how we work and what we can handle for them(and what we don’t), which makes their job faster and easier because they understand the roles. But more importantly, we get to know their company’s culture, objectives, likes and dislikes making it a better experience for their attendees. And, we understand how you like to work, meaning no surprises (except for good ones) for you.
- Creative ideas – When you put out a blanket request for proposal, you never know what you’re going to get back. When we develop relationships with clients, we know what you’ve done already, so we don’t suggest similar events. We also know what your attendees will – and more importantly won’t – respond well to.
Despite all of these positives, some people hire different team building companies in each meeting locale to organize events. Here’s some of the reasons why they do so and why you shouldn’t let them sway you:
- Price – Yes, it costs us a bit more to produce your team building event when it’s not in Orlando, Florida. But, surprisingly, not by much.. We use local staff and DJs for the remainder of our team. A small price to pay for peace of mind that you’ll be getting a top-notch team building event.
- The perils of “not being a local” – We’ve done events in hundreds of out-of-state and out-of-country locations, so we know how to do our research. We have equipment and vendor sourcing down to a science, with several trusted partners who have local branches that assist us around the world. And, we always ensure we travel the day before an event – never the same day – so there’s no worries about traffic or missed flights.
Speaking of travel, Jane Lipps and I took some time out to do an owner’s retreat in Little Corn Island in Nicaragua last week. I’m almost afraid to share news about this because the island truly is a hidden gem and we’d hate for word to get out to too many people! If you’ve ever thought about going – don’t. Just go! You’ll have an amazing time!
While we were gone, several of our teammates traveled as well. Aeme and Gaby were running an Escape! program in Atlanta and Mac spent some time in Miami and Denver. Then, I hopped on a plane on Memorial Day to head to New York for client visits. Yes, we’re racking up the frequent flier miles here at Wildly Different!