Team Building Solutions for Healthcare and Pharmaceutical Professionals
When working with certain medical fields, like pharmaceutical, bioscience, and healthcare, it can often be difficult to make your meeting or conference stand out from the rest. How do you make your event the most anticipated and exciting meeting of the year? Here are our Wildly Different solutions!
1. Create Connections
Many in the pharmaceutical, bioscience and healthcare industry work remotely. And, even if your attendees do work in an office, they’re often isolated, or unable to interact with industry peers on a regular basis. Allow your participants to get to know one another better by adding in a networking activity to your welcome reception or other function. One easy way to break the ice is to turn attendees’ name badges into a conversation starter. Get them to write something fun like where they are from or what their favorite childhood toy was on their name badge. In our “What If” networking activity, we take this idea one step further. Attendees must collect answers to a question such as “If I could only eat one food for the rest of my life it would be…” At the end of the networking event, they turn in the answers they collected and if their entry is selected, they’re tested on if they can remember answers from who they met to win a prize.
2. Maximize Your Meeting Theme or Location
Drive your meeting theme home and/or capitalize on your location. For instance, if your event is in Florida, tie in a tropical element. One example is our “Advice From The Tiki Gods” networking activity in which participants have to trade leis by participating in an unusual game of “mad libs.” They must talk to six different people to find the “missing words” in statements that revolve around your meeting theme and in turn collect six different leis from those people. In the end, these cards can be read out and the funniest one earns that attendee a prize. This is a fun and exciting event that is sure to be full of laughter and conversation. Small networking actives like these can help participants relax, refresh and connect.
3. Adding Value
Team building can add so much to your pharmaceutical, bioscience or healthcare meeting. Benefits include:
- Using gaming to re-enforce great content, such as a game show that ties in elements from your meeting.
- Making it easy to effectively meet and create relationships with others in their industry. On a daily basis, we see strangers and business acquaintances become friends in a matter of minutes when they bond in one of our team building or networking activities.
- Adding in the “feel good” factor by hosting a CSR activity that benefits a cause near and dear to your industry. We have many that can benefit local healthcare, such as making Children’s Cheer Packages to brighten the day of children at a local children’s hospital; decorating a plant pot in our Plant Some Sunshine event to perk up someone who is lonely and scared in an nursing home, or trying to “Unlock the Donation” for an association that fights disease in a tabletop Escape Room experience that literally hundreds can play at once in the same room as they race to solve clues before time runs out.
- Team building can also be a way to refresh participants and allow them to take a break from content-heavy meetings. It’s challenging to keep an audience engaged for hours at a time, so we recommend quick 15-minute meeting energizers that break it up for attendees. Once they’re done, participants will be recharged and energized for their next meeting.
4. Use Technology
You may think technology can often isolate people, but you can actually use technology to make your event stand out! Digitally sharing over social media encourages participants to use their own devices to network in a very unique way. Not all networking activities need to be done with paper and pen. Have a live Twitter feed going on stage as the teams participate in something like our “Make the Connection” event where people take photos, make videos and interview one another using a game on their own devices. Or, encourage participants to post and tag your event over dinner with a high-tech game called “Winner Winner Chicken Dinner” that gets people chatting easily throughout their meal. This can also help your meeting or conference stand out as your online presence grows, attracting potential attendees for future meetings to come!