Great corporate holiday parties don’t just happen – they are planned! And, the best way to ensure your guests are having a good time is to plan some holiday party activities that fun and purposeful:
- Get people mixing and mingling – Conduct an icebreaker activity to encourage guests to venture past their typical cliques to interact with others. And spouses, who may not know anyone else at the company holiday party, will thank you for giving them a reason to talk to others. For example, one of our fun holiday party icebreaker activities finds guests trying to solve a wintry mystery by reading clues that are on guest’s nametags. If they find all 10 clues and solve them, they’ll reveal where the missing presents are hidden and if they do, they’re placed in a prize drawing to win one of them at the end of the night!
- Entertain guests in a cocktail party setting – Tuck holiday party activities in between the canapés and the cocktails. For instance, at our Hurry-Up Holiday stations, guests can challenge one another to compete in quick holiday-themed challenges. Which of the two can sort the Christmas ornaments first? Which of the two can hook together the most candy canes in the longest string before time runs out? If they win, they get a raffle ticket for a prize drawing.
- Entertain guests around a dinner table – Sit next to the wrong person at the holiday party and it could be a long meal…Not so if you incorporate holiday party activities that take place before, during or even after the meal! Some of our favorites include a Winter Wonderland Game Show, complete with Holiday Trivia, Jingle Bell Rocks Music Challenge, Santa’s Survey Says and more. Another is our No Table Unturned event that is like a murder mystery, as an actor introduces clues, but your tablemates are the stars as they work together around their table to solve the clues delivered with each course of the meal. All of these are great holiday networking activities.
- Give out presents – Consider having your guests compete in holiday party activities to win prizes, instead of just giving out raffle tickets. For instance, in Presents Of Mind, an emcee calls out an ordinary item guests may be wearing or have on them. The first guests to get those items to the assistants get to come on stage to compete for the chance to open one of the wrapped gifts on stage. A Let’s Make a Deal element is incorporated as guests deliberate if they’ll go for the small box, the large box, or what’s in the emcee’s pocket!
- Help others – You could just have people bring a gift to the holiday party to donate. Or, you could step up your game – literally – and have guests participate in holiday party activities that result in donations. This could be as simple as setting up stations at your holiday party where guests could come by to stuff a bear to donate to a child in need, or paint a festive pot for a poinsettia that is delivered to a nursing home resident. Or, you could create an organized team event that takes place at dinner tables before or after the meal, such as our Red Wagon Brigade where teams assemble and decorate Radio Flyer wagons and then compete in games to fill them with toys. Learn more about some of our charity team building options.
Like these ideas? Well we’ve got plenty more! Contact Wildly Different today for your next corporate holiday party.
We get a lot of nervous calls from people who’ve been asked to plan an executive team building event for their VIPs. It’s understandable – these are the people who they’re trying to impress day-in and day-out, so of course they want to keep them happy. So, here are some things to keep in mind if you’re planning an executive team building event…
It’s important to remember that your executives, like you and me, are people too. And, like you and me, they want to have a good time! Don’t get overly concerned about making the executive team building event uber-sophisticated. When calling about an executive team building event, people always say, “It can’t be anything silly.” We get it – you don’t want your CEO to be sporting a lampshade on his or her head – they have a reputation to live up to after all. But, don’t err on the side of caution either – you may not want to plan something silly, but you also don’t want your executives to be bored silly. To find that happy balance, ask yourself:
- What is the purpose behind the executive team building event? Are they brainstorming ideas for the future? Then loosen up their minds by planning a creative executive team building event. For instance, in our Make a Scene event executives receive an iPad with a movie-making app and they could be challenged with creating a sci-fi movie that touches on what the company looks like 50 or 100 years from now. Are they problem-solving? Then get them in that mode with an event like our Unlock The Mystery event that finds executives racing against the clock to use props to solve clues to unlock a chest.
- How well do the executives know one another? If they know one another well, it’s okay to select an executive team building event that finds the same group of people working together throughout the event. But, if one of the goals of the executive team building event is to allow executives to get to know one another better, you may want to pick an event like our Mix It Up event that incorporates a mixer activity between all participants at the start of the event and then pairs executives on new teams for every challenge.
- Do they want to do the executive team building event on site at the retreat location, or do they want to explore the surrounding area? If they want to go “out and about” you may want to plan something like our iTech Trek in which teams receive an iPad loaded with challenges that must be done throughout an area of interest.
- Do they want to improve their leadership skills? Then, consider pairing a fun speaker, like our favorite, Dave Mitchell from The Leadership Difference, with an executive team building event that puts the skills they’ve learned from Dave to the test in a fun way afterwards.
- Do they want a charitable executive team building event? Planning an event that gives back to the local community is always a safe bet – there’s nothing silly about helping others! Know your executives. Will they be happiest going out into the community, rolling up their shirtsleeves and getting hands on with an event such as fixing up a park? Or, would they like to stay in a climate-controlled area and help kids become as successful as they are one day? If so, our College Prep event, where they compete in fun challenges to win items that are assembled into laundry baskets to outfit the dorm rooms of scholarship students who need help with the basics, is perfect.
- What are their interests and how can they be woven into an executive team building event? For instance, we created a Talladega Nights-themed car-racing event for one client because the top executive was a fan of the movie. Do your executives like fine wine? Something like our Blend Together event, in which they learn about wine blending and then get to try their hand at blending, would be ideal. We can design a custom event to satisfy your needs.
- What’s going on that could be tied into the executive team building event? Is it football season? Plan something like our Football Frenzy event that ties in football-themed challenges. Are they in a unique location? Plan an activity that takes advantage of where you are. Something like our Amazing Chase is ideal due to its adaptability. It can wrap in challenges with an urban feel if they’re in a big city, such as trying their hand at being a Spin DJ, or it can incorporate something like paddle-boarding to a clue spot in the middle of the lake if the event is hosted in a more natural setting.
Planning the perfect executive team building event may seem like a daunting task, but if you take the time to explore these 7 simple questions, you’ll be well on your way to setting up an amazing event for your executive leadership group.
Corporate team building doesn’t have to be ho hum! Let Wildly Different handle your next team building event. From large groups to small, we’ll plan a memorable event your team will love. Our wide range of team building activities include charity events, icebreakers, high tech scavenger hunts and more. Wildly Different is nationwide, so let us plan your next event.
Check Out Our Latest Newsletter CLICK HERE.
About Wildly Different
Team Building Services
Proud members of:
Read Our Blog!
- Wildly DifferentApp-Based Versus Online Virtual GamesMarch 22, 2021 - 6:33 pm
- Wildly DifferentHow To Choose a Virtual Escape Room for Team BuildingFebruary 23, 2021 - 3:34 pm
- Wildly DifferentHow to Organize a Virtual Scavenger HuntJanuary 19, 2021 - 7:26 pm
- Wildly DifferentStay Connected in a Disconnected WorldOctober 20, 2020 - 3:59 pm
- Wildly DifferentVirtual Holiday Company Games & Activities For Remote TeamsSeptember 15, 2020 - 3:14 pm
Get in Touch!